October / 2023
Route: Windhoek, Etosha, Opuwo, Damaraland, Swakopmund, Namib / Sossuvlei, Kalahari.
Namibia is a land of contrasts, a paradise for wildlife and nature photographers. Most of its territory is covered by deserts, but every corner of its land is different and exciting. When traveling between the different places that we will visit, you will be surprised by how different each one is.
In Namibia we will find the oldest desert on the planet, the Namib. Home to some of the highest dunes in the world (Duna 40, Duna 45, Big Daddy), with elevations of over 350m. A dream come true for landscape photographers. The desert conditions of Namibia gave way to wonderful creatures that evolved over time, adapting to the conditions of their environment.
Namibia will surprise you with its unique landscapes. Deserts, rocks, forests that give way to the constant change between one point and another. The nights in Namibia are unmatched. We will be able to see the milky way with the naked eye and achieve photography according to your imagination.
Our visit will revolve around the change of climate in Namibia. In this way we can take advantage of completely sunny and clear days.
During this trip the main focus of the workshop will be landscape and wildlife photography. We will look for the best options for photography and take advantage of the options offered by the different destinations to combine them with cultural and personal enrichment activities.
Getting to know tribes like the Himba or Damara will be part of our activities in Namibia. Which will allow us to take portrait photographs if possible.
Our Namibia Discovery Experience lasts for 14 days. Of which I am sure your life will change.
Day 1: WINDHOEK
Arrival at the hotel in the capital of Namibia. Welcome dinner and coordination
From the trip. We will answer questions and inquiries.
Days 2 – 5: ETOSHA
We will leave early for ETOSHA after breakfast and have an afternoon tour in the park.
Days: 5 – 6: OPUWO
The largest center of congregation of the HIMBA. In the city we buy provisions as a donation. We will take pictures and spend the afternoon with them.
Days: 6 – 8: DAMARALAND
Visit to the Damara, search for desert elephants, tour of the parks.
Photography of sunrises and sunsets. Damaraland is a spectacular area for landscape photography. It has spectacular rock formations and we will spend much of our time doing landscape photography.
Days: 8 – 10: SWAKOPMUND
One of my favorite areas. The huge dunes kiss the Atlantic Ocean. We will travel in 4×4 cars through the highest dunes until we reach the sea. We will be able to see the fauna and take pictures of the entire sector.
Days: 10 – 12: NAMIB / SOSSUVLEI
The Namib is the oldest desert in the world and home to the largest dunes on the planet. Dunes like dune 45 or Big Daddy are some of the biggest and climb them. So big that it seems to kiss the sky.
In this area we will visit the dead lake Deadvlei, a valley of trees petrified in time.
Days: 12 – 14: KALAHARI
We will visit one of Namibia’s wildlife conservation projects. Where we can photograph flora and fauna.
At the end of this day we will go to the airport to take our return flights. We recommend scheduling your flight departure after 3:00 p.m. local time.
I am completely sure that the experience of these 14 days will enrich your knowledge and techniques in photography. In addition to living one of the best experiences of your life.
• Professional photographer guide
• Local guide that will accompany us at all times
• Local guides specialized in various destinations
• Private ground transportation with space for luggage and photographic equipment
• Accommodation in double rooms in lodges
• All food during the tour
• Ground transportation to and from Hosea Kutako International Airport
• Entrance to the National Parks
• Entrance to the Private Reserves
• All safaris will be private and photographic
• 45-minute helicopter photo flight over the dunes of Sossusvlei
• Private sunset or Sandwich Harbor tour
• Deadvlei Photography Walk
• Experience in a village of the Himba tribe
• Photo editing and review sessions during the expedition
• Virtual orientation talk two months before the start of the expedition
• Help Documentation for the Namibian visa process
Includes the following photography lessons:
• Landscape Photography Masterclass. Virtual Modality (Pre-trip)
• Wildlife Photography Masterclass. Virtual mode. (Prior to the Trip)
• International air tickets
• Mandatory Travel Insurance
• Personal medications
• Optional tips for local guides
• Namibian tourist visa costs
• Lunches and dinners not indicated.
• Everything else not listed as included.
- The workshop is designed for photographers at all levels.
- You must know and handle the basic concepts of manual photography (aperture, speeds, ISO, focal range). If you do not handle these concepts, we recommend you take our course From 0 to Photo:
- Introduction to Photography before the start of the photographic expedition.
- It is mandatory to purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses, cancellation or shortening of the trip.
- Valid certificate of complete vaccination schedule against Yellow Fever.
- Interchangeable lens digital camera (DSLR or Mirrorless)
- Telephoto lens for wildlife photography. Focal lengths between 100-400mm, 150-600mm, 200-500mm, 200-600mm, or prime lenses such as the 400mm F2.8, 500mm F4, or 600mm F4 are recommended.
- Wide angle lens for landscape photography with an aperture of F2.8 or brighter.
- Stable tripod
- Gradual ND filters for landscape photography.
- Extra batteries for the camera (minimum 3)
- Enough memory cards. The days are long and wildlife photography consumes a lot of space due to the continuous gusts.
Safari clothing for the desert and for the cold:
- Long sleeve shirts
- Long pants
- Hiking boots at all times
- Base layer for night photo sessions
- Jacket, hat and gloves for the cold
- Hat or Cap
- Headlamp and Hand Focus
- Microfiber cloths
- Extra batteries
- International power adapters
- The reservation deposit is not refundable or transferable to another workshop.
- It must be done as soon as possible to block the field in the expedition.
- No fields will be reserved without a deposit.
- First Partial Payment: 6 months before the workshop start date.
- Final Payment: 4 months before the workshop start date.
- More than 6 months before the start of the workshop: 100% of the amount paid to date will be refunded
- Less than 6 months before the start of the workshop: 50% of the amount paid to date will be reimbursed
- Less than 4 months before the start of the workshop: no money refunds will be made
- The reservation deposit is not refundable or transferable to another workshop in any of the scenarios.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance to be covered in case of cancellations or shortening of the trip.
A. The Organizer is not responsible for accidents to workshop participants nor will it cover medical expenses if necessary. During the workshop, each participant is responsible for their safety and physical integrity.B. The Organizer is not responsible for accidents or loss of photographic equipment during the workshop. Each participant is responsible for their photographic equipment.
A. The Workshop begins on a certain date and in a timely manner. All participants must be at the location established for the start day of the workshop. In case of delays due to inconveniences, the participant must contact a representative of The Organizer as soon as possible.
A. Respect and patience are the foundation of a successful workshop. Participants can be at different levels of knowledge on the subject, so patience is required when explaining topics that are already within their domain. The photographing area of each participant must be respected. Disrespect from a participant towards another member of the workshop or staff will not be allowed.
A. The tour and its itinerary are weather dependent and may change from time to time. We will always be aware of the best weather conditions to determine where to go and optimize taking pictures
Dates and Costs.
Circuit 14 days, 13 nights
October 22, 2023
June 9, 2024
Dates: (14 days 13 nights)
A.- October / 2023
B.- May / 2024
$4,950.00 price per person in a double room.
4 and 5 star hotels.
The participant may request a Single Room by paying an extra
Reserve your space with $1,500.00 USD!
The reservation deposit is non-refundable.